Ailish is an experienced consultant in the built environment with over 10 years working initially as an urban designer consulting on neighbourhood plans and community engagement, then specialising more specifically in townscape and heritage. She has previously worked at Citydesigner, where she was involved in new development projects within sensitive context across London, Brighton and Dublin. In 2017, Ailish joined Iceni Projects introducing and establishing townscape as a specialism to complement their heritage team and has worked more widely across London, England and Scotland.
She has a wide range of experience as a townscape and heritage consultant with a background in urban design, advising on tall buildings, tall building strategies, heritage sensitive schemes, place making, appeal, and strategic community focused masterplanning. She is an advocate of innovative design and architectural solutions and is particularly interested in how historical context can influence and encourage sustainable design solutions.
Ailish has presented her research on the importance of place and how to introduce positive public space in the built environment at an international level, featuring at conferences in New York, Rotterdam and Belfast.
- Past projects (including at other consultancies) include:
- 100 Gray’s Inn Road, LB Camden – 9 storey redevelopment in the Hatton Garden Conservation Area next to Gray’s Inn Gardens establishing the UK’s largest timber office structure by Piercy & Co.
- 24 Queen Anne’s Gate, WCC – reinstatement of the historic single dwelling use of the Grade-I listed building next to St James’s Park while also improving the operational carbon of the building, designed by Gibson Thornley.
- Uplands Business Park, LB Waltham Forest – redevelopment of the 5 hectare industrial estate to deliver 1,800 new homes, mixed uses and public realm strategy across the masterplan by Allies and Morrison with buildings up to 48 storeys.
- Wembley Greenway, LB Brent – Phase 1 and 2 PBSA schemes adding to the taller building cluster established and emerging close to Wembley Central Station with heights of 17 and 22 storeys and connecting through the ‘Wembley Greenway’.
- Tower Bridge Court, LB Southwark – refurbishment and extension office redevelopment with community flexible space, 100% carbon neutral, next to Tower Bridge by Stiff + Trevillion for Fore Partnerships and Landid.
- Cavalry Barracks, Hounslow – major masterplan scheme to deliver 1,600+ homes with consideration to 14 listed buildings, 19 locally listed buildings and the Cavalry Barracks CA and new use to the former military site by TP Bennett for Inland Homes.
- Barking, LB Barking & Dagenham – multiple residential-led schemes including Abbey Retail Park, Town Quay, Tesco and Hertford Road as part of the BeFirst Town Centre Masterplan.
- Byng Street & Bellamy Close, LB Tower Hamlets – residential-led scheme of up to 26 storeys and reprovision of 24 existing residents by HTA for One Housing.
- Beehive Mill, Manchester – restoration and office accommodation update of the Grade II* listed former cotton mill building located within the Ancoats area for Urban Splash and the Prince’s Trust.
- 58-70 York Road, LB Wandsworth – residential development of up to 14 storeys as part of the Lombard Road/York Road Riverside Focal Point SPD by Grid Architects for Cherwell Group.
- 33 Creechurch Lane, City of London – office redevelopment of up to 20 storeys with consideration to the Tower of London WHS by Assael Architects for Merchant Land.
- 520 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow – redevelopment and façade retention of a category B listed building for a co-living scheme of up to 13 storeys with ADP Architects for Consensus Capital.
- One Crown Place, LB Hackney – by KPF architects is a residential-led project of up to 32 storeys and retained locally listed Georgian terrace accommodating a boutique hotel, for AlloyMtd Group.
- Alpha Square, LB Tower Hamlets – EIA submission for up to 62 storeys in Tower Hamlets for Far East Consortium by Pilbrow & Partners, considering cumulative impacts on LVMF strategic views.
- 21 Moorfields, City of London – mixed-use redevelopment to incorporate the new Crossrail station by Wilkinson Eyre architects from Land Securities.
- Huntingdon Estate, LB Tower Hamlets – consented following public enquiry for a tiered 15 storey residential-led mixed use scheme by Robin Partington Architects and associated Fleet Street Hill affordable terraced housing scheme by Peter Barber Architects for Londonewcastle.
- ESB, Dublin – office redevelopment of Dublin’s ‘Georgian Mile’ by Grafton Architects and O’Mahony Pike for ESB Ireland.
- 30 St James’s Square, Westminster – office redevelopment to unify two unlisted buildings of merit bounding St James’s Square with roof and building extension by Eric Parry Architects for Grolux Investments.
Other projects Ailish has collaborated on have been with Matthew Lloyd Architects, LDS, Foster + Partners, Orms Architects, AHMM, Metropolitan Workshop, SEW, dMFK, BGY, Haptic Architects, Bell Philips, RCKa, Gort Scott, amongst others.