Kate is an urban designer with over 7 years experience in the Townscape and Heritage field, working previously for Montagu Evans and Citydesigner. Kate has studied both architecture and urban design; with a master’s thesis focused on the value of industrial heritage, exploring themes of place identity and questions of authenticity in urban design.
Kate’s professional experience has involved design collaboration, aesthetic analysis and quality assessment of architectural designs as supporting statements for planning applications. The focus being critical analysis and assessment of development proposals, where quality of design must be balanced against impact on historical settings.
Kate joined TTC in August 2021 and is responsible for writing townscape and heritage assessments for a wide range of development proposals, primarily in London.
Past projects (including at other consultancies) include:
- Bath Guild, a public inquiry for a later living scheme designed by Life 3A architects in the Bath World Heritage Site. Client: Guild Living.
- Pike close, London Borough of Bromley, estate regeneration scheme designed by HTA. Client: Countryside + Riverside.
- Ensign House, London Borough of Tower Hamlets, a 55 storey residential building designed by Maccreanor Lavington. Client: Far East Consortium.
- Blackwall Yard, London Borough of Tower Hamlets, mixed used riverside development including buildings ranging from 9 to 38 storeys, designed by Panter Hudspith, White Arkitekter and Glenn Howells Architects. Client: Hadley Property Group.
- 2 Trafalgar Way, London Borough of Tower Hamlets, a student accommodation development comprises buildings up to 46 storeys designed by APT architects. Client: Urbanest.
- East Road, London Borough of Hackney, a tall building as part of the East Road and City Road cluster designed by Flanagan Lawrence. Client: Summix.
- Norman House, London Borough of Westminster, extension to a locally listed building designed by Orms architects. Client: The Duchy of Lancaster.
- RCA South Campus, London Borough of Wandsworth, new campus buildings designed by Herzog and DeMueron. Client: Royal College of Art.
- 100 West Cromwell Road, Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, a large scale residential led development designed by McAslan and Partners. Client: Londonewcastle.
- Merchant Square, London borough of Westminster, residential masterplan designed by Robin Partington and Partners. Client: European Land & Property Limited.
- 66 Hammersmith Road, London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, office development designed by APT architects. Client: Quadrant.
- 15 Abchurch Lane, City of London, alterations to a Grade II listed building. Client: the Royal Philatelic Society.