Lewis is an urban designer with over 20 years’ experience working on projects involving heritage, townscape and urban design. He began his career with 10 years of experience at townscape and heritage consultancy Citydesigner, before working in the local authority context and as a freelance advisor for the following five. He later returned to Citydesigner, and most recently spent nearly three years in the heritage and townscape team at Iceni Projects.
Lewis’s work involves advocating for tall, contemporary and infill development in sensitive contexts. He has worked on numerous tall building applications, identifying key elements of the setting and significance of heritage assets that could be affected, establishing appropriate views, contributing to design development, advocating for schemes with consultees, and producing townscape, visual and heritage impact assessment reports for submission, often as part of an EIA. Lewis also works on projects where the fabric of listed buildings would be altered, with implications for their significance. He has researched and written reports to support applications for Certificates of Immunity from Listing, and has produced representations for clients in response to local council proposals related to the historic environment. He was part of the team which produced the London View Management Framework SPG for Mayor Livingstone in 2004-5 and updated it for Mayor Johnson in 2008-9.
- Twickenham Riverside, LB Richmond Upon Thames (LB Richmond Upon Thames)
- Union Place, Worthing, West Sussex (London & Continental Railways)
- Whitechapel Estate (Principal Site and Listed Buildings), LB Tower Hamlets (Londonewcastle)
- Charlie Ratchford Resource Centre, LB Camden (Vistry Partnerships)
- Euston Station Masterplan, LB Camden (HS2)
- Vicarage Field, Barking, LB Barking & Dagenham (Lagmar Limited)
- Alpha Square, Isle of Dogs (Far East Consortium)
- Metro Tower, High Road, Ilford, LB Redbridge (Xyan Holdings)
- Hale Wharf, Tottenham Hale, LB Haringey (Muse Developments)
- The Butterfly Building, 1 Portsoken Street, City of London (Portsoken Advisors LLP)
- NOVA P2 and P3, Westminster (LandSec)
- Circus Street, Brighton (U+I)